Love making cards? (Or art journals, ATCs, collage art and scrapbooks?) Then join us for a technique-based workshop featuring a sampling of topics from paint to ink to resists, transfers and more.
You’ll explore 8 main techniques, such as:
- Washi Tape: Creating a focal, punched collages and how to make your own
- Metal Tape: Stamping, inking, alcohol inking and embossing
- Dylusions Sprays: Creating a background, blending, faux bleaching and stamping
- Book Paper: Stamping, inking, stenciling and watercoloring
- Punchinella: Chalking, inking and painting
- Transfers: Packing tape, gesso and Lazertran
- Resists: Acrylic paint, Watermark and Alcohol Ink
- Painting: Crackle, using found items and frottage
You’ll learn from 29 card examples—and you’ll have access to downloadable handouts with photos and complete instructions for every card.
I hope you’ll join me as we explore these fun and versatile techniques!
PS. I learned many of these techniques at Ranger U—and I’m delighted to share them with you here!
Please note: This workshop is a sampler of techniques. I suggest watching the class, then purchasing specific products based on the techniques you’re most interested in doing yourself. And many of the items you’ll have—or will have a substitute for—in your current craft stash.
• Blank cards
• Book paper
• Acrylic paints: Claudine Hellmuth and craft store variety
• Alcohol inks, Blending Solution and applicators (Ranger)
• Inkpads: Distress, Adirondack, Archival Black, Watermark Resist (Ranger); Versafine Vintage Sepia; StazOn
• Acrylic stamps: Wildflowers, Artful Collection, Birthday Greetings (Hot Off The Press); clear block
• Dylusions Sprays (Ranger)
• Watercolor pencils, decorator’s chalk (Pan Pastels can also be used)
• Washi tape
• Punchinella Template (The Crafter’s Workshop)
• Paintbrushes, stippling brush, mini brayer
• Mod Podge/Gel Medium; Gesso
• Lazertran Waterslide Decal Paper
• Circle punches
• Tissue paper
• Craft sheet
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
your purchase you will receive a receipt. In this receipt will be a
link to a page from which to download your class information. This page
contains the class name(s) and a link to download a PDF with the class
address, user name and password. This
is the only class access information you will receive and the link
expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished
your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list.
keep this receipt for future reference to any class you have purchased
from Creative Workshops. If you need to contact us with a question about
a class, this receipt will help us reply to your inquiry in a timely