Are you the intrigued by experimental art? Does letting loose and letting things ‘flow’
excite and scare you at the same time?
During this action packed and fun filled class we are going to create a variety
of Inked up abstracts on an amazing surface which will allow you to add,
subtract, draw, drip and more as you create one of a kind grungy abstract mixed
media art pieces. Learn how to create
compositions that begged to be touched and leave your viewer wondering ‘how did
they do that?’!!!! The creative energy you will bring to class will literally
assist in the act of ‘transformation’ each and every piece from one stage to
another. Be ready for exhilarating exercises, bring your fearless artistic self,
and come prepared for hours of grungy inky fun and creative experimentation!
This class is for those who are fearless and love to
experiment, or for those that want to be more adventurous in their art. We will be working on Yupo paper and
incorporating a variety of acrylic inks, paints, India ink and tons of special
effects to garner intriguing and luscious layers in our contemporary abstract
Skill Level: Beginner and up
Students will work on several ink
paintings, and assorted techniques to use in many mixed media
applications. Some of our assignments
will include graffiti style writing, landscapes, free expression abstracts and
more. In fact you may want to buy extra
pads of Yupo paper because once you start, it’ll be hard to start!
- Assorted brushes: round, detailed, fan
- 2 pads (OR more if you like to experiment) of Yupo paper in white 11 x 14
- Or if you like to work large, full sheets are available however you will still need at least one pad of the smaller sheets.
- Full sheet 144 lb 26 x 20
- 11 x 14 Pad:
- Black India Ink: 2-3 bottles depending on how many paintings you decide to do:
- Golden High Flow Ink: you can buy just a few of the small bottles in colors you love. There are also sets available at a decent price for 10 colors:
- I like them both but the assorted sets have the colors I use probably the most.
- Small rubber brayer
- Stencils and other mark making material
- Neo color II crayons (white and maybe one other color)* Optional
- Paper towels
- Titan Buff, White, and Red Acrylic paint*(optional for other colors). Golden Fluid Acrylics Best for Titan buff and Red (or other favorite fluid acrylic) , any soft body acrylics for white.
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Super Fine Applicator Bottle:
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
For all OPEN classes: In your receipt will be a link to a page from which to download your classroom access information.This is the only class access information you will receive and the link expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list. The receipt will go to the email address provided on the order. If you use Paypal Express the receipt goes to the email address associated with the Paypal account you use.
For all UPCOMING Classes: As above, you will also have a link in your receipt giving you the date the class opens and how you will receive your class access.