If you have completed parts 1 and 2 of Mastering Decorative Painting Basics you now have beautifully based and shaded blueberries, leaves, and flowers and are ready to put the finishing touches on your creation.
Now it’s time to add the accessories to your painting. In part 3, I’ll provide you with the elements that pull your design together, giving it life and interest. We’ll learn to use these design elements to guide your eye through your painting and give harmony to your design.
• The secrets to smooth and graceful line work. Using line work to unify your design.
• Flower centers with wet-on-wet blending
• Dry brushing hilites
• Blossom ends on blueberries
• Varnishing to protect your painting
This class completes the basic techniques offered with this blueberry and flower painting. Hopefully it also leaves you with a craving for more art theory and techniques. Practicing these skills will provide you with a good background on which to build your life long creative journey.
The Supply List is the same for all three classes so you may already have these supplies if you have taken Part 1 and/or Part 2
- Waxed Palette: I like the palette by Canson because it stays flat and has just the right amount of repellency for brush prep. The Grey Matters palette by Jack Richeson & co. is also very nice.
- Tracing Paper: I like the Canson paper.
- Graphite paper, dark and light: I like the graphite by Loew Cornell. It doesn’t easily smear.
- Chalk pencil by General
- Kneaded eraser
- Foam brush
- Deco Magic Brush cleaner by DecoArt or Masters brush cleaner
- An assortment of sand paper
- Multi Purpose Sealer by DecoArt
- Varnish: used in video 3
- Surface of choice.
Brushes: Golden Taklon by Scharff excellent brushes that will aid you in your painting and long lasting. www.artbrush.com
- # 10 flat series 140 (or 142 with acrylic handle)
- #4 round series 405 (or 406 with acrylic handle)
- # 1 liner series 455 (or 458 with acrylic handle)
- Paints: Americana by DecoArt www.decoart.com
- Jade Green #DA057
- Warm White #DA239
- Blue Harbor #DA283
- Cranberry Wine #DA112
- Olive Green #DA56
- Prussian Blue #DA138
- Spa Blue #DA277
- Light Buttermilk #DA164
- Plantation Pine #113
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
your purchase you will receive a receipt. In this receipt will be a
link to a page from which to download your class information. This page
contains the class name(s) and a link to download a PDF with the class
address, user name and password. This
is the only class access information you will receive and the link
expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished
your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list.
keep this receipt for future reference to any class you have purchased
from Creative Workshops. If you need to contact us with a question about
a class, this receipt will help us reply to your inquiry in a timely