This class will be a combination of images, written instructions and video and is geared toward the beginner.
Just as artists
benefit from a support system, every work of art needs a supportive
background. This five-session class will guide you through the process
of creating a background rich in pattern, color and design. We’ll start
with the hardback cover of an old book as our base and add papers,
paint, designs and inks to create the perfect background to compliment
your focal point.
- hardback book (cover size approximately 5” x 8” or 6” x 9”.) We’ll use some of
the text also. (You can certainly use canvas board or another substrate if you
- copies of vintage papers, scrap-booking paper or a
combination of both
- regular gel medium (matte.) I use Golden brand.
- Color Box fluid chalk ink (“cats-eye.”) Available
at JoAnns.com. I use Chestnut Roan to distress
edges of paper and you may also select your favorite color(s) to coordinate with
your background colors.
- fluid acrylic paints (inexpensive craft acrylics
work fine; whatever colors you like.)
- foam stamps (can be found at Michael’s)
- bubble packing material, corrugated cardboard,
caps from soda or acrylic paint bottles (for printing.)
- Speedball HARD RUBBER brayer (available at
- foam applicator or “spouncer”
- matte spray sealer (I use Krylon)
- charcoal pencil
- tacky glue (to affix focal image; I use Scotch
Brand Quick Dry.)
- palette or small plastic cups for mixing paints
- glue stick
- paper towels
- scrap paper (or palette paper if you prefer)
- Optional:-Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad (walnut stain color) and
stiff stencil brush, if you would like to distress your papers.
knife and self-healing mat for cutting out images.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
your purchase you will receive a receipt. In this receipt will be a
link to a page from which to download your class information. This page
contains the class name(s) and a link to download a PDF with the class
address, user name and password. This
is the only class access information you will receive and the link
expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished
your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list.
keep this receipt for future reference to any class you have purchased
from Creative Workshops. If you need to contact us with a question about
a class, this receipt will help us reply to your inquiry in a timely