If you have a passion for collecting and/or working with old, pre-loved, vintage and antique recycled clothing, beautiful old silks, satins, brocades, textured fabrics, old laces, doilies, trimmings and embellishments such as sari ribbons,, string, threads, fibres and any type of bindings, bits and bobs of treasured jewellery items (even family keepsakes and jewels), rusty items (like hinges) and paper ephemera etc. then this is a class just waiting for you!
I will show you how you can use these things to build collages which can be sewn onto pages to create your very own journal.
This is a very comprehensive class where I will walk you through all the stages from start to finish in
- choosing which types of fabrics and materials you can use,
- editing images on your computer for using in your collages
- some simple, no fuss, dyeing and inking techniques,
- creating a complete layered collage with embellishments and a pocket page,
- editing images on your computer for using in your collages,
- preparing your pages for your journal,
- arranging your pages into signatures for your journal,
- creating a spine for your pages
- attaching your pages to your spine and
- creating a collaged cover back and front and finally
- creating a simple tie/wrap for your journal and attaching it.
Your choices of materials are entirely up to you they can be new or old, bright or muted colours, modern or contemporary, steampunk etc. choosing a theme which reflects your own personal style and creativity and you will end up with a beautiful journal that you will treasure.
You will find this class, using these steps, lots of fun and easy to follow with the added bonus of keeping costs to minimum using recycled items if you wish. So let the show begin with some folding, ripping, tearing, dyeing, stitching, inking and glueing and Ill be there with you to guide you along the way!