One of my most popular book classes I teach is “The Woven Fat Book”.
It’s a chunky little book made out of ordinary index cards and fabric strips.
You’ll learn to weave a flexible book spine, then embellish it with beautiful little beads, that brings movement,for its' sassy personality. It’s encased in hard covers and has a fabric closure.
The simple binding makes it really fun to make and NO book binding experience is needed.
This five part online class will take you step by step to complete this little treasure. A list of supplies and written instructions in the form of a PDF are included. SUPPLIES
- 2) 2 5/8" x 3 1/16" Black Letramax (a black artist board found at an artist supply store) or grunge board
- 3" x 5" index cards
- 3" x 5" index card for jig
- 4 yds. Waxed linen thread
- 24 small beads that will fit on the waxed linen
Approx. 2 yd. 1/2” or narrower fabric scrap or yarn or ribbon for weaving the spine and the closure.
- Heavy bodied glue,(crafters Pic,Gel Medium, Wellbond)
- Bone folder
- Book binding awl, book cradle or shoebox lid
- #22-24 Tapestry needle or
book binding needle
- a Bent tip needle (made by Clover, found in the sewing department at some craft stores) for weaving the spine(optional but helpful)
- scrap paper for gluing
- 2 heavy rubber bands,
- 2 medium/large binders clips
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
your purchase you will receive a store receipt (not Paypal). At the bottom of this receipt will be a
link that will lead you to a PDF to download. This PDF contains important class information. The link
expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished
your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list.
keep your receipt for future reference to any class you have purchased
from Creative Workshops. If you need to contact us with a question about
a class, this receipt will help us reply to your inquiry in a timely