Discover the magic of watercolor in an unconventional way!
The star of this class is the Elegant Writer® -- a fairly inexpensive, readily available marker, with special properties. It is pure magic! I will show you how to incorporate it in your watercolor pieces for stunning effects.
The class includes demos, a quick exercise to practice the different techniques, 2 full-length projects + a bonus one. All the projects are explained, step-by-step, with 2 camera angles so you can get the full effect of how this medium works. No drawing abilities required – you could just trace the downloadable sketches that are included. The marker comes in different tips and colors but only the black one is required for this class. However, I’ve included charts and swatches of the different marker tips and colors that are available for your reference.
There are no pre-requisites for this class; it’s all about having fun. I do believe we are all creative. So whether you are a budding artist or have been practicing for a while, this class will have you hooked in no time!
- 140lbs cold pressed watercolor paper (Strathmore or other brands)
- 140lbs hot pressed watercolor paper (Arches recommended but other brands will do)
- black Elegant Writer® marker, fine tip (Speedball Art)
- black Elegant Writer® marker, broad tip (Speedball Art)
- watercolor brush, small size (I used the #6 round watercolor by Simply Simmons)
- watercolor brush, large size (I used the #16 round by Princeton Art & Brush Co.)
- water spritzer bottle
- bucket of water to rinse your brushes (or the Rinse Well bucket – it’s a fantastic tool)
- paper towel
- black PITT artist pen, S or F tips (Faber-Castell) or any other black bleed-proof marker
- NeocolorII water-soluble wax crayons (Caran d’Ache) in the following colors:
- Golden Yellow #7500.020
- Orange #7500.030
- Scarlet # 7500.070
- Purple #7500.090
- Pink #7500.081
- Turquoise Green #7500.191
- Azurite Blue #7500.170
- Spring Green #7500.470
- Grass Green #7500.220
- Emerald Green #7500.210
- * if you don’t have the NeocolorII crayons, you can use whatever watercolor medium you have available.
- Additional supplies for the bonus project:
- blue Elegant Writer®, fine tip (Speedball Art)
- green Elegant Writer®, fine tip (Speedball Art)
- Gold Color Shine Spray (Heidi Swapp)
- Masking tape
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
For all OPEN classes: In your receipt will be a link to a page from which to download your classroom access information.This is the only class access information you will receive and the link expires, so please download and save it as soon as you have finished your purchase. If you do not find it in your inbox please check your spam folder and add us to your contact list. The receipt will go to the email address provided on the order. If you use Paypal Express the receipt goes to the email address associated with the Paypal account you use.
For all UPCOMING Classes: As above, you will also have a link in your receipt but it will give you the date the class opens and how you will receive your class access.